A BEATLES' HARD-DIE'S SITE


John Lennon's Quotes


I don't regret a thing I've done in my life. Especially since meeting Yoko. She's made everything worthwhile. Yoko is me in drag. She's brought out the real me...I'm high on love."

"We made a mistake, the Maharishi is human. For a while we thought he wasn't. We believe in meditation but not the Maharishi and his scene. We're finished with that bit of it."

"Lot's of people who complained about us receiving the MBE received theirs for heroism in the war-for killing people. We received ours for entertaining other people. I'd say we deserve ours more. Wouldn't you?"

"We're going to send two acorns for peace to every world leader from John and Yoko. Perhaps if they plant them and watch them grow they may get the idea into their heads."

"For all you folks out there who think I'm having the wool pulled over my eyes, well, that's an insult to me. But if you think you know me, or you have some part of me because of the music, and then you think I'm being controlled like a dog on leash because I do things with her, then screw you, brother or sister, you don't know what's happening. I'm not here for you, I'm here for me and her, and now the baby."

"I always was a rebel...but on the other hand, I wanted to be loved and accepted...and not just be a loudmouth, lunatic, poet, musican. But I cannot be what I am not."

"I would say, 'I'm baking bread,' and they'd (friends) say, 'What are you really doing?' I'd say, 'I'm looking after the baby. 'They'd say, 'But what else do you do?' I'd say, 'Are you kidding?' There was no secret projects in the basement, because bread and babies, as every housewife knows, is a full-time job..."

"Nothing will stop me, and whether I'm here or wherever I may be, I'll always have the same feelings (and) I'll say what I feel."

"If it gets to destruction you can count me out. But, I'm not sure, you know, I'm human, and I'm liable to change depending on the situation, but I prefer nonviolence...."


"God" by John Lennon

God is a concept,
By which we can measure,
Our pain,
I'll say it again,
God is a concept,
By which we can measure,
Our pain,
I don't believe in magic,
I don't believe in I-ching,
I don't believe in bible,
I don't believe in tarot,
I don't believe in Hitler,
I don't believe in Jesus,
I don't believe in Kennedy,
I don't believe in Buddha,
I don't believe in mantra,
I don't believe in Gita,
I don't believe in yoga,
I don't believe in kings,
I don't believe in Elvis,
I don't believe in Zimmerman,
I don't believe in Beatles,
I just believe in me,
Yoko and me,
And that's reality.
The dream is over,
What can I say?
The dream is over,
Yesterday,
I was dreamweaver,
But now I'm reborn,
I was the walrus,
But now I'm John,
And so dear friends,
You just have to carry on,
The dream is over.

No comments: